Visit our blog for all the latest news in complementary therapy and a more in depth look at all our therapies and therapists
A glimpse into the life of our Receptionist, Jean Cox during lockdown
April 23rd, 2020
Jean has been one of our receptionists for a number of years now, and this article gives an insight into her life before, and at the Centre…….and during lockdown – thanks for this Jean.
My Name is ………..
JEAN MARIE COX
· When did you start working at the WCHC? And what days do you work?
NEARLY 18 YEARS AGO. THESE DAYS I WORK ON SATURDAY BUT OVER THE YEARS I HAVE WORKED IN THE WEEK AND COVERED WHEN RECEPTION STAFF WERE SICK OR ON HOLIDAY. PAULINE BARBER WAS HEAD RECEPTIONIST WHEN I STARTED.
· What is your chosen therapy?
MY FAVOURITE IS OSTEOPATHY.
WHEN I WAS IN MY EARLY TWENTIES I WORKED AND LIVED AT CHAMPNEYS NATURE CURE RESORT IN TRING, HERTS. (NOW KNOWN AS CHAMPNEYS HEALTH HYDRO) AND WAS TREATED BY THE TOP OSTEOPATHS IN THE COUNTRY – IN FACT LEON CHAITOW’S GRANDFATHER – BORIS CHAITOW – AND STANLEY LIEF FIRST INTRODUCED OSTEOPATHYTO THIS COUNTRY AND TOM & TERRY MOULE LECTURED AT THE NATUROPATHY & OSTEOPATHY COLLEGE AT NETHERHALL GARDENS (STILL THE PLACE WHICH MOST OSTEOPATHS TRAIN).
· Why/How did you decide upon this therapy?
I ALWAYS FELT GOOD AFTER OSTEOPATHY – I DIDN’T HAVE ANY PARTICULAR PROBLEMS BUT AFTER A TREATMENT FELT FLEXIBLE AND RELAXED AND THE STAFF AT CHAMPNEYS RECEIVED FREE TREATMENTS WHEN THERE WERE GAPS.
· Coronavirus lockdown, are you able to work at the moment? If not, what else have you been up to?
WE’VE GOT A VERY LARGE GARDEN AND MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN BUSY PLANTING UP OUR VEG PATCH WHILST I AM HAVING A GOOD SORT-OUT INDOORS. ALSO WE HAVE OUR SON’S 2 WHIPPETS AS HE HAS A SMALL GARDEN AND THE DOGS EXPECT US TO THROW BALLS FOR THEM ALL DAY!
· How have you been keeping yourself busy staying at home? Any photos of what you have done?
HAVE MANAGED TO KEEP UP MY RUNNING – AROUND A LARGE BUSINESS COMPLEX AFTER DARK.
· Have you created your own lockdown cocktail yet? If not, what ingredients would you use?
SORRY I’VE NEVER DRUNK A COCKTAIL – IN FACT I DON’T DRINK ALCOHOL ANYWAY.
· What do you miss the most at the moment?
GOING TO THE KITCHEN AT THORPENESS WITH MY HUSBAND (PLUS THE DOGS) FOR COFFEE AND A WALK ON THE BEACH.
· What is the first thing you will do when the coronavirus conditions are lifted?
HOPEFULLY TAKE SOME OF OUR GRANDCHILDREN PLUS DOGS TO THORPENESS
· Any words of wisdom that you would like to give us?
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!
· Go on……….tell us a joke!
WHEN OUR 47 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WAS 3 HER FAVOURITE JOKE WHICH SHE ENDLESSLY TOLD EVERYONE WAS –
TWO SAILORS SCRUBBING THE DECK; ONE SAYS TO THE OTHER WHERE’S (WEARS) THE SOAP TO WHICH THE OTHER REPLIED – YES IT DOES!! BECAUSE SHE LAUGHED WHEN TELLING IT, IT WAS DIFFICULT TO ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND SOMETIMES WHAT SHE WAS SAYING BUT WE ROARED WITH LAUGHTER ANYWAY!
Where do I start?
Don't know where to start with complementary medicine.Get in Touch