Visit our blog for all the latest news in complementary therapy and a more in depth look at all our therapies and therapists
Featured Therapy – Hypnotherapy
July 21st, 2015
For July our therapy of the month is hypnotherapy.
Mike Buckley practises hypnotherapy at the centre and tell us all about the different types of this complimentary therapy. Mike is qualified to a high standard in Hypnotherapy and NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) and over the years has built up a vast level of experience in his private practice. He is the Principal of the East Anglian Institute of Hypnotherapy teaching budding new therapists.
Here he talks about hypnotherapy as a complementary therapy:
‘Hypnotherapy can be deeply relaxing and can also create a powerful change and desirable effects. It can be simply a very relaxed state of mind similar to daydreaming, that you can experience very easily, keeping full control, or it can be done very effectively through the skilful use of language and subtle methods by the therapist in your normal awake state.
The proven techniques from the theories of Cognitive, Analytical Hypnotherapy, NLP and Psychotherapy can be applied safely and with great effect dealing with many emotional, psychological and even physical issues. Unlike the hypnosis you see on TV or stage, anyone experiencing hypnosis as a complimentary therapy is fully in control at all times.
Cognitive Hypnotherapy is essentially the use of relaxation techniques, guided visualisation, taught thought processes and other useful and empowering techniques to promote rapid change.
Analytical Hypnotherapy is a technique combined with proven Psychotherapeutic theory and can potentially locate the root of an issue, for example past experiences that have an effect on the present.
Hypnosis can produce remarkable results because when we deal with the root of something, the symptoms that used to cause the difficulty can be relieved.’
Mike has the following qualifications and memberships:
- UKCP Registered member of United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy accredited through Matrix College.
- BSc and MA degree in integrative Counselling
- MGHR Member of General Hypnotherapy Register
- NRH Accredited by the National Regulatory Register for Hypnotherapy
- GQHP General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice
- ADHP Advanced Diploma Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- DHP Diploma Analytical and Cognitive Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- Adv Dip Advanced Diploma Integrative Counselling
- DIPC Diploma in Counselling
- Combined Certificate Counselling
- Certificate Counselling Theory
To find out more about Mike then visit his page on our website and to book an appointment with Mike then call the Centre on 01394 388234.
Mike also runs a hypnotherapy training school and you can find out more details here.
Where do I start?
Don't know where to start with complementary medicine.Get in Touch