Visit our blog for all the latest news in complementary therapy and a more in depth look at all our therapies and therapists
Focused on Losing Weight this Month?, take a look at Nicky, our Nutritionist’s recipe for August
August 04th, 2020
“In the last couple of weeks there has been a lot of discussion in the media and amongst the medical profession about how excess weight can increase the severity of Covid 19 symptoms. As a result, I have chosen a recipe from the BBC good food website and adapted it so that it is ideal for anyone trying to lose weight.
The key to this meal is that it is has a low glycaemic load. This means it will not cause a spike in your blood sugar level and does not require large amounts of insulin to process the carbohydrate.”
Chicken Fajitas (Serves 4 people)
2 large chicken breasts, finely sliced
1 red onion, finely sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
For the marinade
1 heaped tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp ground coriander
pinch of ground cumin
4 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of crushed garlic
4-5 drops tabasco
6 wheat tortilla wraps
Green salad and salsa
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and wrap the 6 tortillas in foil.
2. Mix 1 heaped tbsp smoked paprika, 1 tbsp ground coriander, a pinch of ground cumin, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 4 tbsp olive oil, the juice of 1 lime and 4-5 drops Tabasco together in a bowl with a big pinch each of salt and pepper.
3. Stir 2 finely sliced chicken breasts, 1 finely sliced red onion, 1 sliced red pepper and 1 finely sliced red chilli, if using, into the marinade.
4. Heat a griddle pan until hot and add the chicken and marinade to the pan.
5. Keep everything moving over a moderate heat for about 10 minutes using tongs until the chicken and vegetables are cooked. If your griddle pan is small you may need to do this in two batches.
6. To check the chicken is cooked, find the thickest part and tear in half – if any part is still raw cook until done.
7. Put the tortillas in the oven to heat up for 5 minutes and then fill with the cooked chicken mixture.
8. There are 1 and a half wraps each. Serve these with a large serving of green salad and some salsa.
Where do I start?
Don't know where to start with complementary medicine.Get in Touch