Visit our blog for all the latest news in complementary therapy and a more in depth look at all our therapies and therapists
Recipe of the month – August – Courgette and Dolce Latte Soup
August 02nd, 2017
Courgette and Dolce Latte Soup
From our very own Nutritionist, Nicky Seabrook
1 medium onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 pint vegetable stock
A handful of basil leaves
Salt and pepper
2oz Dolce latte cheese (or any blue cheese that has been slowly fermented)
1/4pt single cream (optional)
1. Melt butter in a saucepan and fry onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
2. Add courgettes, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Pour in stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to simmering point and add basil. Cook for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and crumble in the cheese. Liquidize the soup and add the cream reserving a little for decoration.
5. Pour into bowls and swirl with cream and garnish with basil.
This is a great summer soup, especially if you are a gardener and have a glut of courgettes to consume! It is also good for nourishing your digestive tract: blue cheese is rich in healthy bacteria and will form part of the community of microbes already present in your colon. They have a vital function in keeping your gut lining healthy, boosting your immune system and helping you to absorb vitamins.
Where do I start?
Don't know where to start with complementary medicine.Get in Touch